Today is Ash Wednesday and signifies the start of Lent. Lent is usually the time when Christians remember the 40 days and nights Jesus spent alone in the desert without food being tempted by the Devil.
- The rain lasted for 40 days in the mighty flood – Noah
- Moses stayed on the Mount Sinai forty days (Ex 24:18)
- Jonah gave the people of Ninevah forty days to repent (Jon 3:4)
- Jesus, before starting his ministry, spent forty days in the desert in prayer and fasting (Matt 4:2)
Thus , in the coming days leading to Easter, while remembering the sacrifice and the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, let us also reflect on our spiritual faith and life.
- Full Fast – Drink only liquids (you establish the number of days).
- The Daniel Fast – Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables. Learn More
- 3-Day Fast – This fast can be a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
- Partial Fast – A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting —a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
- Digital Fast – Disconnect your Facebook, Twitter. Some examples here.